Sep 7, 2007

Stuntman, Forza, MotoGP, Burnout, NASCAR

All with Skid-King Quadra-Bubble braking systems. Worth: $0
based on 360 demo, August 2007

Man, I hate these games. Let's do the same mission/race over and over. Let's never make it. Let's delete the demo from my hard drive right now.

Time for a driving game throw-down.

I've enjoyed lots of different racers/urban driving games. They all handled differently, naturally. But they at least handled like cars, not bars of soap on an ice rink. Stuntman, Forza, MotoGP, Burnout, and NASCAR don't have any sense of how cars handle or what makes for a fun experience. Definitely try a demo first because you will be disappointed. If gifted, I'd return it for a good driving game like Project Gotham Racing (whatever number), Colin McRae (whatever number), or Gran Turismo (whatever number).

Clearly, I could "put in the time" to get good at these games, but why? I'm already good at other driving games. Why do the developers feel they have to re-invent the wheel, as it were? Just use existing software. Off-the-shelf physics are already spot-on, and there would be more time to cook up an interesting experience.

No comments: