Sep 3, 2007

The Gamer Gal vs. Gypsy 6


...and a bag of chips.
My fiancee* and I have practically no crossover to the games we like. We get along well despite this huge handicap, because when we watch the other one play, we spot things for each other. "Hmm, when you grapple that 14th flag pole, the ledge shifts to the right." or "After you saw that guy in half, I notice a glint in the lower right corner." When the going gets real tough, we'll look up walkthroughs for each other to minimize spoilers. It's sweet, actually.

Her favorites include:
+ Final Fantasy
+ Hitman
+ Tomb Raider

These are excellent franchises, but I'd never play them because they're too slow and not cathartic enough. She likes puzzles, complex relationships, sneaking around, and doesn't mind re-doing missions over and over. I like blasting, smashing, crashing, and moving on.
-----------------------------------
* aka "The Gamer Gal" (not her gamertag).

No comments: