Sep 5, 2008

Pure

Fly through the air, on your fat ATV. Worth: $12
based on 360 demo

PureTons of fun, once the price is right.
Racing games never get good scores from me because they're so inherently limited. That doesn't mean I don't like them though, in fact I love them. A good racer will keep me entertained for weeks as I get to know the tracks and the capabilities of the vehicles. While some racers have a lousy "feel" for the road (Forza) or just plain suck (NASCAR), Pure is fast, fun, and satisfying.

Shake it like you mean it
This game looks great, plays sassy, and the beginner-level tricks are easy to pick up. I can see that there is a nicely sloping difficulty level for the more advanced tricks. I hardly landed any of them, but I can see that I'll have a good time getting the hang of them when I buy this game two years from now when it only costs me twelve bucks.

No comments: