Dec 17, 2007

Kane & Lynch

The link to our @#$%-ing ancestors has been found! Worth: $5
based on Xbox 360 demo

Nah, no picture for this Neanderthal.
Back in my day, we played primitive games like Doom, Marathon, and Tigers Over Leyte Gulf. They were "3-D" in that you moved forward and backward, but otherwise it still took imagination to immerse yourself. Nowadays, we have games -- no, no, "experiences" -- that are so detailed and well-rendered it makes the real world look like crap. Somewhere in between there we evolved. This game is a jump back to video gaming's adolescence, sometime in the late 90's. Think about a good PlayStation 1 game. Then.

Just like Two Worlds, this game got horrible reviews and they've had to release a demo to try to entice some sales. Being a freebie-ho, I'll try anything for nothing. I download the demo and fire it up, bracing myself for a truly awful game. It's not quite that bad. The big difference I have with what I've read is that it _is_ playable. Barely anyway. The targeting sucks, the moving sucks, and the graphics suck. But there's lots of cursing, which I like. There's also a lot of shooting, which is why I play shooters, so that's no so bad.

K&L isn't completely worthless. When it hits $5 I'll pick it up with a friend so we can rob a couple banks together and then move on to Gears of War 2.

No comments: