Sep 3, 2007

MOH Airborne

Great FPS with innovative level design. Worth: $20
based on the 360 demo: August 2007

This is one of those demos I could play to death. Dropping into a battle-torn town is unlike anything I've experienced in a game. The FPS controls, weapons, grenades, and character movement are all right on. A huge return to the fray for this long-suffering franchise.

My buddy Boondock Wolf said he thought the enemy placement was too synthetic, which I agree with. It's a little like Call of Duty where 50 Germans come out of a closet. I prefer Halo or Brothers in Arms, where an area is being held by a finite number of bad guys and it's up to you to decide how to deal with them.

UPDATE: Sep 28, 2007.
The user reviews I'm reading all say this game is very short, and is "good" but not "great". I'm dropping my Worth Rating from $35 (based on the demo) to $20 (based on what I'm reading online). The few "great" reviews seem like corporate plants.

No comments: